Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Beginnings

I found out two days ago my nineteen year old daughter is pregnant.

It's going to be okay, even though the circumstances are less than stellar. She isn't the first girl to have terrible taste in men, but she does have her own apartment, has a job and insurance, as well as being one of those old souls who was simply meant to have children. (She was so bossy as a child Josh used to call her Mom sub-set one). It will be hard, but she knows we love her and are here for her, that we will love our grandchild immensely no matter what.

She is older than I was when I had Josh, so I would be the last person in the world to tell her it can't be done. But damn....She could sure use her big brother about now. I even wonder if this didn't happen because of how much she misses him. In an effort to fill the abyss he has left in her heart...all our hearts.

He loved children and would have been an incredible uncle. He would have been an incredible father. Instead his son and his nephew will know him from our memories, not their own.

Some days, I could really be pissed off at him if I didn't miss him so much.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home